Please register for the 2016-2017 Concord-Carlisle Youth Basketball Travel Program tryouts before 9/15/2016!
What is the CCYB Travel Program?
The Concord Carlisle Youth Basketball Travel Program enters competitive travel teams for boys and girls (grades 4-8) in the MetroWest Travel Basketball League.
The CC Youth Basketball Travel Program is a competitive program. As such, the Program expects that basketball will be the player’s number one sport during the season. We would respectfully request that you seek alternative programs if basketball is not your number one sport during the winter season. In addition, we would expect players to commit to two practices per week and up to two games on certain weekends.
- Tryouts for the CC Youth Basketball Travel Program will be held in October. Online registration for tryouts is required.
- The school grade that a player will be in the fall of 2016 determines the team. The Program is not based on age, grade only.
- In order to obtain a fair evaluation, the expectation of the Program is that each player attend tryouts for two sessions. However, in cases where players cannot attend two sessions, each player must attend at least one tryout session.
- In cases where a player cannot try out because of a documented injury, prior notification must be sent to the
Director. In addition, the player must be registered for tryouts. We will use our sole discretion in placing that player on a team.
- The Selection process for the various grades and teams will begin as soon as all tryouts have been completed, and will be based on evaluations conducted at the tryouts, as well as input from coaches.
- The number of teams per grade has not been determined, and will depend upon the number of players who try out and are selected to a team. Please note that we will attempt to have two teams per grade (except for boys & girls 4th grade teams).
- You will be notified via e-mail as soon as the selection process is finalized.
We will identify and select the coaching candidates. Coach selections are based on the candidate's coaching and basketball background, including prior experience in the CCYB Travel Program as well as other youth related leadership activities.
Given that this is a competitive Program, we thought it necessary to review our policy on playing time. We think it's important to review so that there are no misunderstandings.
Playing time is at the coach’s discretion. There is no set rule, nor set amount of playing time per game, as many factors affect the amount of playing time in any given week, tournament, and/or game. The following factors will be considered relative to playing time: 1) skill level and applied basketball knowledge, 2) attendance at practices, 3) attitude, 4) work ethic and hustle, 5) situations, 6) matchups, 7) foul trouble, 8) fatigue, and 9) injury. Coaches will manage the playing time of each player based on the aforementioned factors.
What is the Cost?
$360 (grades 5-8) and $310 (grade 4) includes gym time, referees, league fee, pre-season tournament fee, clinics and uniform (personalized shooting shirt, jersey, shorts). If the player does not need a new uniform, the cost is reduced to $285 (5th–8th).
** Please note, the cost for the team is for the regular season (November–March) and DOES NOT include the CCHS fall clinics.
**If you are in need of financial assistance, please contact the boys or girls Director at the bottom of the page.
Uniforms, shooting shirts, and basketballs are included in the registration cost. Basketball sohoes and mouth guard (highly recommended) are NOT included in the program cost.
If you will be purchasing your own basketballs, please note the proper basketball size:
Boys grades 4th, 5th & 6th and girls all grades: standard women’s ball 28.5 inch
Boys grades 7th & 8th standard men’s ball 29.5 inch
3 preseason tournament games: late Nov 2016
12 Sunday league games: Dec 2016-Feb 2017
6 Saturday non-league games: Dec 2016-Feb 2017
MetroWest Playoffs: beginning of March
Total Games: 21 + 1-3 playoff games
CCHS Fall Clinics:
In addition to our clinics, we strongly encourage participation in those offered by the CCHS varsity basketball coaches. We emphasize that participation is not mandatory, but it is a great opportunity for all players to work on their skills in preparation for the winter basketball season. You will find the clinic information and registration form in the Recreation Department's program book. You can register by mailing in the registration form with payment or call the Recreation Department at 978-369-6460.
Tim Boyle, Boys Travel Director, 508-574-4280, e-mail
Ron Lamothe, Girls Travel Director, 978-760-3838, e-mail